Thank you for your interest in employment with the Springfield Housing Authority! We seek motivated, self-starting employees who are dedicated to providing outstanding customer service. Jobs will be posted on the website when they are available.
Candidates must complete an official Application for Employment and submit it to the Human Resources Office by the deadline shown on the position notice. You may attach resumes and other documents with your application. The most qualified applicant(s) are contacted for testing and/or employment interviews.
After a selection is made, a drug screening and medical examination are required of each prospective employee. The SHA is a drug-free workplace and the prospective employee’s physical condition must be consistent with the job requirements. Employees serve a six-month probationary period.
Employees who will be driving a vehicle for official SHA business must have and maintain a valid driver’s license appropriate for the type of vehicle(s) he or she operates.
The Springfield Housing Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any person based on race, color, religious creed, national origin, age, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, ancestry, disability, veteran status, member in the armed forces, presence of children or political beliefs.
The Springfield Housing Authority offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disabilty Insurance
- Health Care Spending Account
- Dependent Care Assistance Program
- Retirement Plan
- Deferred Compensation
- Eleven Paid Holidays
- Vacation Leave
- Sick Leave
- Personal Days
- Career Development
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts Group Insurance Commission: The Group Insurance Commission provides high value health insurance and other benefits to state, housing and certain other authorities’ employees, retirees, and their survivors/ dependents.
- Springfield Retirement Board: The Springfield Retirement Board enrolls new employees, certifies accidental disabilities and counsels pre-retirees, veterans on the city payroll, and survivors of city employees on benefit options.