The SHA is governed by a five-member Board of Commissioners. Four of the members are appointed by the Mayor of the City of Springfield and confirmed by the City Council and one member is appointed by the Governor of Massachusetts. Additionally, one member is required to be a resident in a federally funded public housing development. The SHA Executive Director reports directly to the Board of Commissioners and is responsible for the management and operation of the agency and its personnel.
Deputy Executive Directors
- Department of Housing & Community Development (DHCD): DHCD’s mission is to strengthen cities, towns and neighborhoods to enhance the quality of life of Massachusetts residents.
- U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development (HUD): HUD’s mission is to create strong, sustainable, inclusive communities and quality affordable homes for all.
- Meeting Schedule & Minutes: Meetings are typically held on the third Tuesday of the month at 4:30 PM in the Conference Room of the Executive Offices.
- 2014 Annual Reports of the Executive Director
- 2013 Annual Reports of the Executive Director
- 2012 Annual Reports of the Executive Director
- 2011 Annual Reports of the Executive Director